Dust creation is a problem experienced at all sites where aggregate extraction, earth moving, crushing and material handling takes place. The impact on adjacent residential and commercial neighbourhoods or areas of outstanding natural beauty can be severe. Site owners are obliged by regulation to take whatever steps are necessary to minimise the impact of their operations on their surroundings. Failure to do so can lead to neighbourhood complaints that, if ignored, are likely to create serious commercial repercussions. Operational problems can also arise, with dust build-up and roadway erosion causing vehicular damage.
Enviro Gold Organic Dust Suppressant is an environmentally friendly and biodegradable product. This product contains no magnesium chloride, tar based chemicals or solvents or trace metals which can cause irritation or damage long term to the environment. Enviro Gold Organic Dust Suppressant is a combination of natural ingredients that improve water adhesion to dust forming an environmentally safe seal which builds up over applications. With a ratio of 1 part concentrate to 45 parts water, Enviro Gold Organic Dust Suppressant is able to break down the surface tension of water droplets that are sprayed through atomisers onto working and handling areas. This process increases the wetting properties of the atomised droplets, providing improved attraction and encapsulation of airborne dust particles.
Multiple applications of Enviro Gold Organic Dust Suppressant achieve a cumulative effect resulting in fewer applications over time. This approach ensures that operators tackle the problems that dust creates cost effectively and efficiently.
- Large open extraction areas and stockpiles – dust is best controlled through the use of rain guns and static sprinkler systems that spray water and Enviro Gold Organic Dust Suppressant to create a wide-area rain curtain or barrier so that dust is prevented from leaving the site boundary.
- Roadways and small material handling yards – to prevent disturbed dust contaminating roadways and handling yards, pop-up sprinklers create an effective barrier by spraying water and Enviro Gold Organic Dust Suppressant with localised concentration.
- Loading bays, discharge conveyors and crushers – spray bars and nozzle-lines spraying a dilution of Enviro Gold Organic Dust Suppressant are an effective solution to dust at material handling points.
- Vehicle exit points
Benefits & Advantages
- Environmentally safe
- Will assist in water conservation
- Create improved visibility and therefore improve safety and productivity
- Will reduce equipment wear and maintenance
- Reduce dust pollutants, making the air cleaner and healthier in the surrounding area.
- Economical through the reduction of spraying
- No magnesium chloride
- No Solvent containing oils
- Non regulated for storage and transportation.